Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ianborg74

Trane install quote review please

Ianborg74
9 years ago

I have a ~15 year old bryant heat pump system that died. I have a quote for a trane replacment install. my questions are is this an acceptable price or is the company trying to charge me too much? also I've read the XR13 is "low end" is this true? does it matter?
here is the quote
1 Trane #4TWR3030C1, 2.5 Ton, XR13, 15 SEER, heat pump with single stage compressor, "Spine-Fin" coil, & 410A refrigerant
1 Trane #TAM7A0B30H21, high efficient, Hyperion air handler with aluminum coil & variable speed blower motor
1 Trane # BAYEVAC10BK1AA, 10 KW, supplemental electric heater pack
Homeowner chooses to use existing thermostat
Install and transition new high efficient, Hyperion air handler to fit existing return air drop & ductwork
New return air box under air handler for proper return air flow back to system
New supply plenum for even & proper air flow to home
New refrigerant lines with 410A refrigerant for new high efficient heat pump system
New PVC condensate drain for removal of moisture from air handler coil (run to floor drain)
New custom foundation poles to elevate and secure outdoor heat pump unit
New high voltage disconnect box and wire needed for new high efficient heat pump
Install locking caps on back of heat pump to secure & protect refrigerant access ports
Install additional return air vent to home for proper air flow to system and home
Removal and Recycling of existing system
All Materials Necessary for Completion of Job 100% per Mechanical Code and Proper Permits
$6850 installed.

also i was going to add the following
Honeywell Air Cleaner with 4 Inch Media Filter $ 325.00
Aprilaire Whole Home Humidifier $ 450.00
Extended Labor Warranty (5 years total) $ 200.00

so the new total would be $7825
part of town is southern ohio / indiana / kentucky region.

previous system was a bryant 2 ton heat pump
the new quote is for a 2.5 ton with extra return added.

Thanks for checking!

Comments (3)