Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixelriffic

Central HVAC cooling balance

pixelriffic
9 years ago

Hi All,

I live in a 1700 square foot home built in 2007. The system works great overall, but there are a couple of rooms that could be better. One is my office at the front of the house, and it gets quite warm due to computer gear. The original installed did put in a small air return, and that did help some. They also claimed to adjust the dampers.

The master bedroom is at the southern end of the house, and is harder to cool as a result. I installed a high flow air register, and this helped a little.

I went up and looked at the vent lines where they meet the HVAC box, and I expected to see levers for the dampers, but only see a bent metal tab with no obvious orientation. Could it be there is no damper adjustment and they made that part up?

If so, I wonder if installing some dampers is a solution to force more air to desired areas? I have always heard that closing up the registers is not the way to go.

Any other thoughts about a way to change distribution without spending a bunch would be appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations