Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bryant quote

Posted by dbmet (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 9:04

Just got a quote on a new Bryant system to compare to the Lennox one I was looking at, but I can't find much information about the system? Is this a decent system or should I look for a better air handler?

Straight electric with 15kw strips
Bryant 116BNA060 and Air handler FX4DNF060 ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bryant quote

You need the Mdl FV var speed air handler and the 15KW heat strip should be staged if your intent is not to go with a heat pump.

IMO

o

Model number should likely be FX4DNF061, since that is what matches up with the 116BNA060. The FX4D is the Carrier equivalent of the CBX27UH (with the X13 motor).

o

Thanks can anyone tell me the difference between the x-13 motor and the motor in the CBX32mv besides the price difference? Lol

o
variable vs. x13

Yes, there is a significant difference. The variable speed motor (CBX32MV) will adjust its RPM as needed to maintain a constant, preset airflow volume. When deficient ductwork or a dirty filter/coil cause resistance to airflow, with the X13 motor, you'll lose efficiency and capacity since the airflow will be less than the nominal setting. The variable speed motor can "speed up" to overcome this (to a point). On very poor ductwork systems they can be noisy; however on most duct systems they are very quiet and do well to overcome and minor deficiencies in the ductwork. Also they can be installed such that they can lower their speed during a cooling cycle to dehumidify better (requires a thermostat that controls humidity "on demand"). They are both high-efficiency, DC motors. But there is a clear difference and advantage with variable speed. The installer tells the motor which airflow to provide. With the X-13, the installer must measure the static pressure of the system, and select the speed tap that provides the closest airflow (there is a chart that shows the speed taps along with the respective airflows at difference static pressures).

o

Awesome That helps me out alot.. Pretty much justifies the extra expense as well.. Sounds like it would help in this big house with only one a/c line and having the master way across the house..

o

dbmet

Ryan is correct.

I still would prefer the HP version of the mdls you are considering.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here