Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier Infinity Air Flow

Posted by bjp999 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 7:51

I have a brand new Carrier Infinity system.

- 4 Ton Performance Series 2 Stage Heat Pump (25HPA648A003)
- Infinity Series Variable Speed Air Handler (FE4ANF005T00)

When I go into the advanced menu / checkout and turn on the heat pump for high cooling, the system is reporting 1400 CFM air flow. The static pressure is good at 0.53.

Why is it reporting 1400 CFM? Installer says everything is set up for 4T but could not explain the reading being 1/2 ton low.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier Infinity Air Flow

It might be running 350 cfm per ton to reduce humidity. You can set a desired humidity target in the advanced menus, too.

o
RE: Carrier Infinity Air Flow

Carrier's default is 350 cfm/ton on the FV4/FE4 fan coils. It is set up just fine, and should do a good job cooling and dehumidifying.

o
Airflow

So you are aware, the fan coil can be instructed to operate at a higher airflow setting if you want more airflow. I think it's a matter of the installer selecting the "comfort" (350 cfm/ton) or "efficiency" (400 cfm/ton) airflow setting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here