Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fresh air into interior laundry

Posted by harbormom (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 0:24

Planning a secondary laundry, but it would not be on an outside wall. Stupid question coming...is it possible to to get some fresh air into the space and pull out the moist air? If so, are they sufficient? I do not want mold! :-)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fresh air into interior laundry

So, I've found whole house air exchangers, which I'm sure we'll need (although I'm a fan of open windows). Any ideas on brands or types. Can we put a duct into the laundry room, then put an exhaust fan to pull air out.

Or are these exchangers all-in-one? Are they inline with exhaust fans? Thanks!

o

ours has a standard bathroom ceiling fan in it, which I like as the laundry is off the bedroom. It is good for removing heat and cleaning odors. Fresh air at the 50cfm that type of fan exhausts simply comes from the adjoining space.

It is simple and works for us.

We don't live in a high mold environment though.

o

Thank you Julie.
I think we'll go with a whole house air exchange and a fan in the laundry room. Should be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here