Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konejo77

American standard

Konejo77
9 years ago

i just installed american standard 2 stage variable,ac gold xi and a honeywell prestige t-stat,,,ann I'm not sure if it is connected right!!! the unit is running on hight all the time when ac is called.. i don't notice any ramp up or down! whats the best way to get the best out of my system?

Comments (4)

• tigerdunes
    9 years ago

Post the Mdl number of the condenser. Is condenser paired with an air handler or furnace. Post that model number as well.

Just from your statement, it does not sound like the dip switches were set up correctly. Typical oversight by installers. They should be called back to check this out. If this is the problem, takes about 10 minutes to check and correct by an installer familiar with Trane or Am Std HVAC.

IMO

• Konejo77
    Original Author
    9 years ago

furnace #AUH2B060A9V3VB . A/C # 4A7A6030 I know what this unit is capable of doing with the honeywell prestige t-stat⦠when i told the installer that i wanted the aprilaire 500 wire to the EIM (brain of t-stat) he basically told me he does not want to mess with that.. he said the furnace will turn it on when call for heat..so i know the unit is not set up right. also when i chose to run the fan on to circulate it turns the a/c on ! i can probable do it myself if anybody tells me what wires to switchâ¦â¦i prefer not calling this hvac guy ,he has no idea about this prestige t-statâ¦. thanks you

• tigerdunes
    9 years ago

3 issues...

Comfort R setup for VS blower ramping up and down.

And if HW Prestige VP IAQ (what is mdl #?), then dehumidify on demand should be set up.

Connectivity of AprilAire 500.

I certainly wouldn't let the installing dealer off the hook due to ignorance and not caring about your concerns. You need someone familiar with your stat. Did they sell it to you?

One more thought since your lead installer was so poor, the staging of the furnace should be checked to see how this was set up. You want the staging from the thermostat not the timer on furnace control board that will always go to high stage whether needed or not.

IMO

This post was edited by tigerdunes on Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 13:15

• Konejo77
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ok tigerdunes t-stat #YTHX9421R5085
    from EIM =W -----W1and w2 jumper on furnace
    from EIM= Y------Y on furnace
    from EIM G-----G on furnace
    from EIM RH/RC/R ------to R on furnaceâ¦
    from EIM C----B/C on furnace
    from furnace B/C --------A/C condenser
    from furnace Y----------A/C condenser
    and last the aprilaire 500 (humidifier) is connected at W1 and B/C on the furnace!!!!!!! is this set up right?