Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thatlisagirl

Is this new Carrier system a good deal?

thatlisagirl
9 years ago

Hello.

I currently have a 34 year old carrier split system and I am only able to afford to replace one system at this time, so I am opting to replace the upstairs system first with zero percent financing.

My first estimate is quoting $6871 that offers the zero percent financing, to install a carrier 1.5 ton performance 16 seer, cooling coil, infinity 80 furnace up in the attic, new edge thermostat and 5 inch aprilaire high efficiency filter with 2 free service visits for the first year.

The duct work in the attic is quite interesting and requires extra work, and the installation cost would be more and came back with the above quote.

I find it interesting that nobody seems to want to provide an itemized estimate, quoting out the parts and labor separately. I received another quote from another installer who was $500 less, of course no itemized estimate, but didnt offer the zero percent financing, so thats going to be the deal breaker.

Its really difficult to figure out if this is a good deal or not since all of the prices I have located state that the price included installation within their local area. My friends and father seem to think the quotes are too much. I tend to think they dont understand I am going with slightly higher end equipment.

Is this a good deal?

Comments (2)