Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HVAC System

Posted by GreenKaran (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 11 at 23:01

Hi,
I live in Nj and have had a new Carrier Infinity (24ANA136) 3 ton installed. I was quoted $10,400 for the above unit plus matching CNPVP4221 (airhandler/coil) and 58MVC080 Infinity Furnace.
Also included in the price was Infinity control and Aprilaire 600 Humidifier.

I now found that instead of CNPVP4221, they have installed a CNPVP4821 !! What could be reason? Am I going to lose the high efficiency that I paid for?

They sent me the Certification statement from Carrier for tax credit but it shows the matching indoor model 4221!!

What should I do now. Please advise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HVAC System

I wouldn't worry too much about the upgrade. Looks like they went with a larger evaporator coil, which is a good thing. When contractors quote a system to the customer, even if they have their most recent information on that product, sizes of parts could change. Then when they actually order the equipment or call their supplier to get it ordered, they find that particular combination of equipment might change slightly in order to meet the listed efficiency.

o

Karan

Both coils are AHRI matches.

Both have excellent performance/eff numbers.

Not to fret. May have been just an issue of coil availability. In fact, the larger coil gives you more cooling BTUs.

3549040 Active Systems INFINITY 21 PURON AC CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING 24ANA136A32 CNPV*4221A**+UI 58MV(B,C)080-20 36800 13.50 18.50 1

3859585 Active Systems INFINITY 21 PURON AC CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING 24ANA136A32 CNPV*4821A** 58MV(B,C)080-20 37400 13.50 18.20 1

IMO

o

I have a similar arrangement. I have the Carrier 24ANA736 with the CNPV4821. It works great for humidity removal.

You are fine as long as it is an approved match.

o

Thank you all. Now I can relax and enjoy my new System! The Manufacturer's Certification that they sent was the one that made me uncomfortable. I thought I had a mismatched unit!!
I did not want to confront them before knowing the truth because I did not want to ruin the relationship.

Again, thank you to ALL, especially to IMO(tigerdunes) for giving me the exact AHRI #.

GreenKaran.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here