Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
carrier infinity with green-speed

Posted by nrogovski (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 22:34

Save your money, There are better options.
The carrier infinity with green-speed might be a good machine at keeping the indoor temperatures steady, but its not going to do what it promise, it will not keep you comfortable better than other machines.
The System is pretty bad at keeping the humidity low (i obviously lives in a humid state)and while "trying" to lower humidity it will freeze you (by quickly lowering the temp. 2-3 degrees bellow your comfort level)the effect is similar to going in and out from a restaurant walk-in freezer.
if you bothered by humidity, you might want to consider whole house dehumidifier, if matched with other good system(without the complexities), it will cost less and work better than the carrier infinity with green-speed. the system have some nice features but none worth the cost and all delivers less than advertised.
since its a new machine, the company who sells and installs it have no experience with its complexities or capabilities and relies on Carrier's exaggerated claims. Carrier itself have little experience with the system and seems stump and unable to help the company that install it, who, by the way, consider the best a/c company in my area, and is NOT cheap. I read many reviews about the system prior to making the decision to buy it but non were from homeowners, they were all from pros who admired the system complexity and claimed abilities.
DON'T BUY IT OR GET A VERY GOOD GUARANTIES.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: carrier infinity with green-speed

nrogovski-

You have contradicted yourself with your two quotes.

"the company who sells and installs it have no experience with its complexities or capabilities and relies on Carrier's exaggerated claims."

"unable to help the company that install it, who, by the way, consider the best a/c company in my area, and is NOT cheap."
--------------------------------------
Maybe the contractor is the best for other jobs, but obviously doesn't have the necessary experience to install the Carrier Greenspeed system.

With this contractor you hired, knowing that you wanted the Greenspeed system, did it not come up in conversation that this would be their first install of the Greenspeed system? I believe the hired contractor was remiss in his candor of his knowledge of the system.

Let's not be too quick to blame the manufacturer, as most do when something goes wrong. Install is first and foremost - regardless of the brand. If the Greenspeed is what you want, you simply find a contractor that has the knowledge of the system.

Good luck!

o
RE: carrier infinity with green-speed

Is the contractor a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer? If so he required by Carrier to have the proper training for the installation. In addition FADs are bound to fix problems or they reomve the equipment and refund the customer's money.

I have the previous generation Carrier Infinity system. I also live in an area which tends to have humid summers. I can maintain an indoor temperature of 78-79 degrees with a humidity in the 40%-45% range. I have never seen the system over cool by more than a degree.

It sounds to me either you system is oversized or not installed correctly. If you post the details of your set up you will get comments as to what may be the issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here