Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feedback on quote

Posted by tamudude (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 22:23

We live in a 2150sqft home in North Houston.Our A/C was no longer cooling and I decided to get a quote for a new system.Our current A/C is 3.5 ton and 9 years old. There was a leak in the evaporator coils and the repir bills were looking to be approximately $2k. I went with the recommendation of the A/C contractor for a two stage unit as I also want humidity control. Here is the quote I got:
Bryant 187BNA048000 Condenser (two-stage compressor)
Bryant 315AAV04890 furnace (two speed)
Bryant CNPHP4821ATA Evaporator
Evolution Control
The rating is 4 ton, 17 SEER and a new control wire will be run from furnace to the condenser.
In addition to the above he will also install a mechanical damper for the duct going into the master bed (that has lots of airflow) so that we can get some airflow to the farthest room on the other side of the house (where we get very little airflow).

All of the above out the door is $10600. There is a $500 rebate from Bryant making my total cost $10100. Does this seem like a reasonable quote?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feedback on quote

Is the line set being replaced? Does it include the 10 year Bryant warranty? Are you getting a 4 inch media filter?

I don't know what typcial prices are for Houston, but this seems on the high side. Search the forum for prices of similar equipment.

o
RE: Feedback on quote

Thanks for the reply.
The Bryant warranty is 10 years. Media filter is approx $300 extra. Should I got for it? Does it make a big difference? The line set is not being replaced.
Another quote I got was from a carrier dealer and they were quoting an infinity system for $13200 with a yearly maintenance plan of $150.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here