Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friedrich's CP line - any experience pro or con?

Posted by carinr (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 20:28

I'd like to get two 10,000-btu window a/c units and have always trusted Friedrich and liked the performance of the ones my mom has, which have lasted decades. With my budget, their CP (lower end) line seems indicated. Any reports on how these hold up? Is this one of those situations where the low end of an appliance company's line is outsourced and not actually by the company, or are these truly Friedrichs under the hood?

Thanks,

Carin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friedrich's CP line - any experience pro or con?

I have 2 Quietmaster Programmable ACs (the ones just before the Kuhls) & a Panasonic model (can't remember exact model, about 4 years old).

I somewhat certain that some products in the CP line (blow vent on right) are made by Panasonic. I think I have a vague recollection on that info from years ago. My older Panasonic looks nearly identical to the current CP models (the electronic control panel is different).

The good news is that the Panasonic model has been a champ. Not nearly as loud as the Quietmaster on high & comparable on lower settings. The Quietmaster has a noticeable sound when the compressor kicks in - much more muted on the Panasonic model.

My QuietMasters have LG Korean compressors. I think the rest is US.

I would also like to point out the Quietmaster is a 115lb behemoth. Its also requires the included bracket when used thru-window. And its wide. The only thing you are missing out on is the higher EER - and the naproxin dose before&after. I'll be cursing it shortly as I put it in the window soon.

I tossed my old Friedrich AC because it wasn't enough BTUs - worked fine the day I hauled it to the curb (and someone took it).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here