Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

I need advice ASAP about a Trane choice

downsouth
11 years ago

We have two homes...we own both of them. The house we are living in now we had new H&A put in and went with what was Trane's best, the XL-16i. We are moving back to our other house and it also needs the H&A replaced. The XL-16i we paid $7800 for in the fall of 2010, it is now $9,600!! I must say we have loved the 16i and have been surprised at the lower utility bills. Our other house has propane and we are going with a heat pump. We decided to go with the XR-15 because it was $6900 although in our hearts, we really wanted another XL-16i.

Our AC company called today with an offer to take the 16i out of our current house and move it to the house we are moving to for $400. They would put the XR-15 in the house we are moving from (which will be rented until hopefully the economy improves.) When I asked the lady at the AC company what she would do if she had to make this decision, and she said she would move the 16i to the house we are moving back to because of the humidity in Georgia, and with the dual compressors, we will have lower bills in the summer month.

The guy is coming out tomorrow to decide where we want to put the thermostat. Could I get your advice, please? Is that another system that might be less expensive that we could put in the house we are moving from? Eventually we will sell this house, but we do want to put the right unit in for the new future owners (house is 1,700 square feet..the house we are moving to is 2,000 square feet.)

Would you just put the XR-15 in or have the XL-16i moved??

If you need any further clarification, please ask. Hope to get some expert opinions.

Thanks, Dee

Comments (6)