Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier vs. Lennox

Posted by qcc1 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 20:16

I've received the following quotes for a 2 1/2 ton heat pump with installation:

1) Company 1: Lennox XP14 (which I was told would be 14-15 SEER with variable speed fan) - $5550

2) Company 2: Carrier Comfort line - $5606 for 13 SEER model with variable speed fan (which I was told would bring it to 14 SEER) OR $6700 for 15 SEER model with variable speed fan (which I was told would bring it to 16 SEER)

Both installation companies have good reputations, although I have dealt with the first company for my prior annual maintenance and have had very good experience with them. My read is that people generally seem to prefer Carrier but my question is whether it's worth the extra price. Both companies emphasized that it's the installation and not the brand that's most important. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier vs. Lennox

*Both good units
*Both contractors correct - install is everything
* I'm a Carrier fan - therefore my vote goes to Carrier

Good luck!

o

qee

What is your location?

Neither of the models quoted have electronic demand defrost which eliminates nuisance, unnecessary, and expensive defrost calls.

I would want to know the exact mdl number of both outside condenser and inside air handler.

IMO

o

I'm in central Virginia. Not sure about the MDL number but will try to find out.

o

For your location, I would not want a new HP system that did not have electronic demand defrost feature.

What size heat strip was quoted?

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here