Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Carrier Infinity System - High Efficiency

Posted by wardman (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 18:39

Hello - I am buying a new Toll home. A Comfort series 60000 BTU first floor with 3ton AC and 40,000 BTU with 2.5ton AC for second floor come standard. This is with 2 Honeywell 5 day programmable thermos (was told 92% AFYE and 13 SEER)

To upgrade to Carrier Infinity High Efficiency I am being told it is 7K for each floor (60,000BTU and 3 ton AC) or $14,000 total. (These are the 98% AFUE and 17 SEER systems) with Infinity controls

Apriliaire 700 humidifier is 900.00

All is installed.

Can someone help with pricing or comparisons?

Thanks

Seems like there is no credit whatsoever for the systems - any comments?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Carrier Infinity System - High Efficiency

The upgrade price is highly inflated. They are over charging you by about $10,000.

The Carrier Infinity is a great system, but not worth an extra $14,000.

o
RE: New Carrier Infinity System - High Efficiency

Thanks - appreciate the input.

This is in Pennsylvania - does anyone think the comfort series is good enough?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here