Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rt01

Aprilaire Air Cleaner and Steam Humidifier

RT01
10 years ago

Hi,
I'm purchasing a new Carrier Infinity Greenspeed heat pump and Furnace for my 1,700 sq. ft home in Westchester and am debating on two add ons:
1. Aprilaire Electronic Air Filter vs. Regular filter (model 2000) - I read a lot about pros/cons of electronic air filter and am still confused. Is it worth the extra cost. I saw some research that the Aprilaire does a great job, even after running for a few months and didn't see much negative feedback on ozone pollution. My unit is in a crawlbasement, so would like to add an air filter, but wanted to know if it's worth the extra expense for the electronic one and if money wasn't my concern (a few hundred dollars as the installation fee is similar), should i splurge for it?
2. I'm contemplating adding an Aprilaire Steam humidifier, but it's quite expensive and I hear that it's going to cost me another $500 per season to run. My HVAC installer said that i probably won't need it since I have a greenspeed and the air is not as dry. Should i hold off and see how it runs first or do you think it's worth the investment? I was told a regular humidifier isn't worth the expense and that it will run through my too much hot water daily?

Thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling