Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ratracer_gw

New furnace options

ratracer
9 years ago

Hey guys, lots of awesome info on this forum. Looking to replace my 25 year old Lennox furnace and have gotten a few quotes. I live in a 1750 SF two story home in NOrthern Alberta. I have narrowed down to three alternatives

York YP9C
MODULATING
97.5% EFF, 80K BTU
$3990

YORK TM9X
SINGLE STAGE WITH DC FAN
95.5% EFF, 80K
$3290

YORK TG95
"BASIC FURNACE", ac fan
95.5% EFF, 80K
$2790

ADD $200 TO ALL OF THE ABOVE IF DECIDE ON LENNOX EQUIVALENTS

I am leaning towards TM9X as my current furnace is of course single stage and we have no issues with this type of heating. Sure, variable stage would have more consistent temps but not sure it's worth $800 premium to me. From an energy saving perspective from what I understand, it's the furnace's efficiency that matters in terms of savings and not the type # of motor stages - correct? Also....from what I can gather the single stage will be less expensive in repairs down the road

Anyone know noise levels on the TM9X though? I imagine it would be quieter than my 25 year old Lennox?

Also have option to spend $150 on a 5 inch filter box versus standard 1 inch. We don't have issues with current air so leaning towards staying with 1 inch - also much easier to find filters for the 1 inch.

Thoughts on spending the extra $200 on Lennox?

This post was edited by ratracer on Sun, May 25, 14 at 16:20

Comments (3)