Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier Coil Question

Posted by mkidd99 (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 08 at 15:54

I am replacing my current system with a dual fuel Carrier system. My home was checked/sized by 3 difference companies and all indicated approximately the same size units. I have priced several different companies and types of systems and am thinking about purchasing the following Carrier system:
Furnace: #58CVA110-20
Heat Pump: #25HNA948
Indoor Coil: #CNPVP4821ATA
Infinity Control
Infinity Air Purifier

My question concerns the indoor coil. The Carrier representative included the CNPVP4821ATA, which is an 'N' design. Most of what I read here on the board indicates the 'A' coil (CAP4821A) design would be better. So, should I get the 'N' coil or "A' coil for this system?

The representative said that the only difference was the 'N' coil was shorter than the 'A' coil. This was built so that the units overall height was lower and would fit more homes.

I checked the ARI Certified Performance for this system with both coils and they are the same.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier Coil Question

The CNPVP coil is used in many systems, so I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't appear to impact the performance anyway. Great system by the way. If you wanted the a-coil, just ask him for that instead, if it will fit.

o

mkidd99...
Just came across your post. I am about to have a similar system installed. Mine will be slightly different in size, 5 ton HP and 135Kbtu:
HP-25HNA660
Furnace-58CVA135-22
Coil-CNPVP6024ATA

If you have already installed it, I'd like to know how you now feel about the Carrier HP. I will be going from an A/C to this hybrid system so I am a bit unsure what to expect. Did you have the Infinity Controller installed?
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.. Gary

o

As far as I am aware there is no negative with going with an N coil the reason for that design is to increase coil surface while keeping the cabinet size small. If you want an A coil you better be prepared for a 20+ inch high coil

Here is a link that might be useful: Air Conditioning and Heating Repair Made Easy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here