Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AC won't shut off with HW IAQ VisionPro T-stat

Posted by jmcqueen (My Page) on
Fri, May 22, 09 at 14:51

i had an Amer. Stnd. 92.5% furnace with comfort-R put in over the winter and couldn't be happier with the furnace. now that we are in the cooling season, my t-stat is set at 74 and when the cooling reaches that set temp, my AC compressor will not shut off. it just keeps running, but interesting to note the temp inside the house remains a constant 74. the fan setting on the IAQ is for continuous 160 cfm and i have an aprilaire 5000 e/s filter (hooked to furnace board). question...why won't my AC compressor shut off? it is an older york 10-seer and is in good working order.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AC won't shut off with HW IAQ VisionPro T-stat

Does the thermostat say "Cool On"?

You may want to have the installers set the thermostat to its less agressive temperature control setting (or they may have inadvertantly set it to the opposite).

Perhaps it needs to run constantly to maintain temperature if its very warm outside. Will it shut off if you raise the temp?

o

system is set to "auto" and cool is set to "on", yes. yes, it will shut off when i select a higher temp. there is more than enough capacity to cool all the way down to 68 if i want, so no issues there. i'm stumped.

o

If it is running all the time then it would be "68" inside. Since it is staying at 74 then it is not hitting the ste point. Just because it says 74 the tstat might need to be 74.1 and only getting to 74.5

o

hi troys:

thx, but i think you are misunderstanding my predicament. t-stat is set at 74 and room time shows 74, but the AC compressor is still on. what i was saying above is that *if* i did set it to 68, the AC has the ability to achieve that set point.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here