Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kailuamom_gw

Where do I put the unit?

kailuamom
9 years ago

Hi all -

We are getting ready to have our new heating and AC system installed starting Tuesday.

I have a question for the experts.... Tell me about the location of the AC unit.

We do not have AC now, so there is no pre-existing infrastructure. The installer would like it close to the electrical panel, which is right off the kitchen in the area outside where we spend most of our time during the day (it would be right by our main entrance, where we BBQ and garden). Sunny in the morning and 1/2 the afternoon.

I would like to see it on the back wall, between bedroom windows, where hopefully, the room on the other side will become a walk in closet. We don't do much outside there during the day, it's in the shade all day. This would require running power half the length of the house.

I bring up the issue of where we spend our time when outside during the hot part of the day when the AC would be going, because the AC noise at our other house drives me crazy when I'm outside.

I spend much more time outside than in, but there are others who will be inside and the AC will be running. We bought this house specifically for the peace and quiet of this rural location.

The location by the bedrooms seems better to me because I'll never really be hanging out by the unit outside. When I'm inside, going to bed, if the unit is running the windows will be closed, so will provide noise barrier.

Please advise what I should consider with respect to location of the unit, besides ease of install. While I don't want to be too much trouble, hopefully I will live with this decision for much longer than the install.

Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz