Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Same Price. Which would you go with?

Posted by designergrey (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 13:00

So after the research, the calculations on size and finding qualified installers it all is coming down to two units. Exact same price. Just under $7,000.

A Trane XL14c packaged unit heat pump or Lennox 15CHPX Packaged Heat Pump.

If I was deciding without any further input I would go for the Lennox because it is a 15 SEER vs. the Trane 14 seer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Same Price. Which would you go with?

Designer

what is your location?

what size are you considering?

units have demand defrost or time defrost?

what size heat strip?

I believe you are misinformed about the Seer efficiency.

According to AHRI Directory, on a three ton system, Trane has as good if not better performance/eff numbers.

Post back.

IMO

o
RE: Same Price. Which would you go with?

Size: 3 Ton

Defrost: I'm not sure, I will have to find out how each unti handles its defrost.

SEER: I am going of the websites and quotes. The Lennox Says 15 SEER and the Trane says 14 SEER.

Heat Strip: Both quotes say "Electric Back-up Heat". I've never used the heat function on the current packaged unit. It just doesn't get cold enough to need it. Even when we had some below 32 degrees here.

Do I need to specify a specific size heat strip for my area?

Thanks for the information. I will look into the details.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here