Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choice between Rheem systems

Posted by ciucca (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 11:27

Finally found a contractor that I am happy with. I know many of you are going to say the system is too big for the house, but this guy did the manual J and said from his experience this is what I need. Anyway which one seems like the best option? Unfortunately I do not have all the exact model numbers, anyway any opinions?

option 1:

RGFM 95% 100BTU furnance
RASL 4 ton 2 stage SEER 18
Rheem matching coil
New Line sets
New disconnect and whips
Rheem Thermostat
Modify all ducts as necessary
10 parts and labor warranty
after rebates about 9.5k

option 2:

RGFM 95% 100BTU furnance
RARL 4 ton 2 stage SEER 16
Rheem matching coil.
New Line sets
New disconnect and whips
Rheem Thermostat
10 parts and labor warranty
after rebates about 9k

option 3:

RGFM 95% 100BTU furnance
14AJM 4 ton SEER 14.5
Rheem matching coil.
New Line sets
New disconnect and whips
Rheem Thermostat
5 parts and labor warranty
after rebates around 7.5K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choice between Rheem systems

Provide the rheem coil mdl number for each quote. Coils make the difference as far as performance/efficiency numbers.

IMO

o

I noticed he did not specify the coil, although he said it would be the correct one, and call me stupid he seemed trustworthy.

Do you know what is the correct coil, so I can see if they specify the right one?

Thanks,

o

too many matching choices to speculate.
find out what dealer proposes-then I'll make a comment.

IMO

o

ciucca

please recheck mdl number of the furnace as well.

IMO

o

Furnace model number is RGRM10. The coil is either RCFM or RCFN. The cont. said he would be more specific with the numbers when I signed the contract. I didn't want to press him, since I did not think it was fair to seem like I was going to sign. I still have to decide between these 3 rheem and the comfortmaker from my previous post. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 contractors and 4 possible systems.

I have a carrier guy coming on Monday, but from researching I think the comfortmaker VS 95 is same as the carrier performance 95. I expect the carrier guy to be more than the comfortmaker since this is a bigger operation. ANyway I should give the guy on Monday the benefit of the doubt, he may be the person I go with :)

I have become obsessed with heating and cooling, I cannot wait to make a decision so I can go back to my regular life :)

o

The Carrier Performance line is at the upper end of the equipment line up. I don't think it is the equipment as the Comfortmaker, so expect to pay more money.

Will the Rheem contractor apply for the NJ Cool Savings rebate? It requires a the Manual J calculation to be submitted.

o

Tiger,

find out what dealer proposes-then I'll make a comment

He proposes option 2. 16 SEER

o

ciucca

The RGRM furnace is a two stg VS model.The RGFG furnace listed in your first thread is a nicer furnace with full modulating capability.

I suggest you look at the Rheem site and read carefully the specs and details of both furnaces as well as the RARL two stg AC condenser before making a final decision.

The RGRM furnace would require a good two stg thermostat where the RGFG would require special Rheem modulating thermostat.

http://www.rheem.com/products/heating_and_cooling/

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here