Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djn602

SEER Savings

djn602
12 years ago

Hello,

Need to replace an old and undersized system. I feel confident in the new sizing calcs and such what I am concerned with is payback on upgrading the efficiency. Will I really realize a 30% saving between a 13 seer and a 20 seer? I am very torn on what to do. I know I will get base savings moving from an undersized electric to a properly sized dual fuel system. My rates are .10 per kwh and .84 per Ccf. I am located in central Missouri. Also I must confess this is not going into a home but a Day Spa so it will run longer and the temps will probably be higher or lower to keep the customers happy. It is over 2000 sq ft in size.

Base system recommendation is 80% eff gas with 13 seer heat pump. Incremental costs: 95% $887, 95% 2 stage variable speed and modulating gas $1,573, 15 SEER $1,558, 16 seer two stage $2,997, 20 seer 2 stage dual compressor modulating $3,494. I am sure to use the higher seer you need a variable speed and therefore upgrade blower/furnace�

Thanks for getting me past my mental block and getting the contract signed so I can move on :)

Comments (8)