Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rheem furnace board==proper setting for a/c

Posted by veesubotee (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 9:49

I have an RARL (16 SEER) a/c with an RCQD coil and RGFD mod furnace. I chose this coil as I wanted maximum dehumidification as opposed to highest SEER (actual SEER is 14.5).

During installation, the contractor enabled 'HIGH SEER' on the board. I suspect that this increases blower speed (to gain higher SEER) above that set on the board, and thus lowers latent capacity.

Can a PRO verify that my suspicion is correct? Or, exactly what does this setting do? Thanks.

V

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rheem furnace board==proper setting for a/c

selecting higher seer sw1#6 on position increases air flow for low stage(1 stage) . furn off and you will run 50% 1st stage then 100% 2nd stage

o

Thanks Coolmen, I suspected (increase) as much. If I interpret your comment correctly, with switch on, airflow in stage 1 > 400 CFM/ton.

If so, would using a humidistat for dehu on demand (I have the new board which does dehu and 2 stage)if I decided to, in conjunction with turning #6 off risk freezing the coil?

Thanks for your input.

V

o

Since having 2 stage cooling I would not worry about the dehum. running low stage should do a fine job at hum removal.
I would leave # 6 off and get 400 per ton cooling 15% less low stage. mount hum stat digital in house and see how it performs.

lossing 15% low stage plus an other 15% on dip switch setting # 6 another 15% may freeze coil. page 58

just

o

Thanks. As far as the stat is concerned, I'm tied into the mod stat (411) which doesn't have dehu function.

Will set switch #6 to off. Airflow is currently set at 400 CFM/ton. Will keep it at that setting (for now).

V

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here