Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 year old system is a mess, desperate and scared

Posted by Roncdc (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 9:21

A friend who does h/ac put in a home Payne system for me last year the heat worked fine and the ac was great all last summer. The units are pg9mxa and cnpvp.To put it in a nutshell the install seems half assed. the condenser does not seem to fit properly on the heater so it has bee taped in spots to seal overhangs, I assumed they should fit like a glove! He used plumbing fittings on the copper and melted them to fit.

Turned on the ac and nothing, copper has no cold or heat, it blows warm air. everything runs properly but no cold air. I am figuring a leak and all the refrig is gone.

The installer is worthless and wont call me back so I am on my own. Is it possible for someone to put this system correct or would I be better to junk it and start fresh.

I dont know who to call except local h/ac or maybe do I need someone that works thru payne.. what would be a good plan with this. thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 year old system is a mess, desperate and scared

hack jobs usually cost more to put right.
check with friends and see who they think
did good work for them.
have a pro come out and look at the work
and then you will have more of an idea
of what you have, vs what needs to be done.

homeowners rarely save money hiring folks
to do work on the side.

best of luck.

o
RE: 1 year old system is a mess, desperate and scared

Call a Carrier or Bryant dealer to come out and assess your situation.

On the evap coil, I do like the coil to fit to the furnace. Sometimes though this is not always possible or the installing company simply installed the wrong model/size.

Plus you want an AHRI matching system that is sized correctly.

Low end systems like Payne can gravitate to a cheap install. Sorry but true.

Sorry for your trouble.

That would be my starting point.

IMO

o
RE: 1 year old system:Plan to pay for assessment

Ron

Plan to pay for assessment.

Professional advice in a situation like yours is not free.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here