Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with HW Heater Temp

Posted by lexluthor (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 7:51

The other day I had the water from the kitchen sink running hot and noticed that it was scalding. I measured it at 150 degrees.

I looked at the Weil McLain indirect HW Heater we have and the gauge was right in the middle as it always was. That's been somewhere around 120 degrees, I think.

If I turn the gauge up and down, I do hear the "click" of it calling for and not calling for heat. At the moment I have it turned 1/4 of the way and I'm not getting water nearly as hot as before, but the temperature is really fluctuating. For a few days now, I've been checking and I've gotten readings of 116, 125 and just now about 137, all with the dial set in the same position.

Is this an aquastat problem on the HW Heater or could it be something else?

I have a Weil McLain oil boiler paired with the HW Heater.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with HW Heater Temp

I had the aquastat changed this morning. Hopefully that'll be it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here