Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rayt168

Cause of Leaking coil

RayT168
9 years ago

I found out this week that the evaporator coil in the central AC has a leak. I bought this unit in 2008 and had to get another evaporator coil replaced 3 years ago. Luckily, it was under warranty. I am awaiting word to see if this latest incident is covered or not. I am anticipating the worse case scenario.

However, I decided to check around in case I have to buy another central air conditioning system. In reading the various HVAC forums out there, it sounds like the installation plays a factor on how many issues a system has. I was thinking that the AC company who did the installation didn't do a very good job. Hence, that is why I am having these evaporator coil problems. I had the same company do my annual maintenance as well as the 1st evaporator coil replacement. This company went out of business last year.

Can anybody confirm that (1) poor installation or (2) substandard annual maintenance cause leaks in evaporator coil? I wouldn't think so but thought I would ask people more knowledgeable than I am. Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)