Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adamdoc_gw

Zoning and Air Cleaning (Redlink, Lenox)

Adam F
10 years ago

Hi all - we are nearing completion of our home, and need to make a few choices. Unfortuantely, I am having a very hard time getting good info, so I am turning to you, where I've always gotten good advice...

We are installing a 6 ton geothermal system with one unit in the basement, and one split unit (basement and attic). We're using Bosch units, and Honeywell controls.

I am considering PureAir purification for each unit (Clean Effects turned me off because of cleaning difficulty and the ozone with an asthma-prone family), and some sort of combination of the Honeywell Prestige HD and some Honeywell 5000 units.

My questions are these:

1. Anyone have the Lenox PureAir and love/hate it? CR seems to really like the HC16 predecessor.

2. Is there any way to centralize control of our 5 zones. The main floor is a zone, and the basement is with it. The larger upstairs which extends over the garage has three zones (master, in-law suite over the garage, and the rest of the bedrooms). What my HVAC guy keeps saying is that we need a thermostat for each zone, but I keep hearing about the Honeywell Redlink zone board that would allow control of everything over a wifi app, and possibly through one master thermostat (perhaps one for each unit?).

My problem is that I am baffled (intended) by the lack of info on Honeywell's site, and from my installer. I even called Honeywell and they weren't super helpful.

Does anyone know the best way to achieve what I'm going for without buying 5 separate $200+ thermostats, OR leaving a few zones inaccessible over the interweb?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Comments (2)