Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bsmith3_gw

Can I just lift the AC Unit in the Backyard?

BSmith3
12 years ago

We need to do some regrading to address some drainage issue which is causing some damages to the inside wall of our basement. Our entire yard is rather flat with a slight downward slope near the perimeter of the house. In order to properly regrade, we will need to regrade to a higher height than the current slab which the AC unit in the yard is sitting on. It seems like such an cumbersome (probably expensive) proposition to have an AC repair person come out, unhook the unit, move it, then to re-hook everything after regrading is complete. I don't know if anything needs to be maintenanced if we have the AC unit unhook and rehook as well.

Our landscaper had proposed the idea of using some kind of a crank to lift the AC unit up temporarily, grade the soil to cover the concrete slab, put a plastic AC pan (there might be a more appropriate name for this), then lower the crank to put the AC unit back. This saves on the hassle of having the AC repair person come out. However, I am a bit nervous as the connections look like copper and I wonder if there would be issues with doing what our landscaper proposed.

Any thoughts?

Comments (5)