Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Bryant Evolution Furnace Quote

Posted by highlt (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 23:02

I'm looking at replacing my current furnace/heat pump and was shocked at the pricing. Maybe I'm behind in times with pricing but was curious if anyone can provide feedback on my quote.

Bryant 986t(986TA100) Furnace
Bryant 285B(285bna036) Single Stage 16 Seer Heat Pump
Coil/Heater pack model CNPVP2136
Bryant Evolution Control System

Price is $10,343. This includes conversion kit for propane furnace, new refrigent lines, new outside disconnect box and new return air drop. Warranty is standard 1 year labor and 10 year parts. I can pay $544 for labor for ten years. Just starting to look and was shocked at the price. Feedback appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Bryant Evolution Furnace Quote

High

What is your location?

For what size home?

What size furnace/eff are you replacing?

What size AC are you replacing?

Just curious, what is your electric rate?

No Bryant rebates available?

How will you filter your return air?

Post back.

IMO

o

1. Cincinnati, oh
2. 2200 sq. ft two story
3. Currently have Trane contractor grade 80% 80000 btu furnace
4. Trane Xe 1000 2.5 Ton AC unit
5. I think .11
6. Already taken off the price
7. Standard filter

o

TigerDunes? Anybody else have any feedback on quote? Mainly trying to understand pricing for new 80k propane furnace and heat pump.

o

High

You are beiing oversized on furnace.

If you are unhappy with price, then get more quotes. I would say it is on high side too but not totally out of line.

IMO

o

One year warranty is unacceptable! 5 years is the standard from my HVAC contractor!

o

It does sound a little high. Make sure you get a heat load calculation done and more estimates.

Here is a link that might be useful: heatandcooldiy

o

Harry wild a five year labor warranty might be a product specific warranty covered by a manufacturer. Or, if the costumer pays extra for it. A five yr parts warranty is not a standard in this industry and if it is offered believe me it is calculated into the original price. SOooooo your case might be an isolated event.
OP if you want cheaper equipment go down on efficiency ratings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here