Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help! does pvc underground hvac vent pipes carcinogenic?

Posted by Nikkicats (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 22:35

We are suppose to pour our new home 1st floor (no basement) concrete tomorrow 16apr over the HVAC venting pipes. But... Saw today that they used huge 10" PVC venting pipes to heat/cool the rooms. I read PVC contains BPA! Will it be released into the air I breath with all the moisture laidened heated and cooled air? Is this safe? It is a full ICF home so it is REALLY tightly sealed with a metal roof. I need the answer tonight. I am desperate for help! Thank you.
P.s. My builder is touted to be a Green builder (not). They didn't even ask us if this would be a concern. This 1st floor level is being heated with the ducts coming up from the floor since we were told it was a better heating solution for this floor. We live in Ohio

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help! does pvc underground hvac vent pipes carcinogenic?

It's not any worse to breathe than it is to drink, and that's where all your water comes from.

o

Are they using PVC for (water) supply lines? I have PVC waste lines and copper supply lines.

Wouldn't surprise me: everything has been cheapened down these days.

V

o

Well, even if you put copper in your own home (a waste of money) the municipality runs their mains in PVC. You're not getting away from it unless you dig your own well and use galvanized to run everything. and then some alarmist will start a thread about the dangers of zinc to your health. (Which would be a more realistic scenario than the PVC one.) Anyone want to talk about the gummint 'speriment in mind control by putting fluoride in the water?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here