Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Make Up Air Question

Posted by dancingqueen (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 20:39

I am replacing a 24 year old downdraft Jennair range with either an induction GE or a gas range. I also plan to replace the our microwave, which is directly over this range and vents to the outside, with a real range hood. Can my Jennair downdraft vent be reworked to be a make up air source?

Also, how would you recommend finding a HVAC person as the only ones I seem to every find only want to sell furnaces? I'd love to find someone to evaluate my duct work, maybe have a camera run through them to find out why some rooms have no heat and others are blasting. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Make Up Air Question

As far as your ductwork is concerned do you have dampers? They could be out of balance. Running a camera will just waste your money.

o
RE: Make Up Air Question

You may be able to use the duct to the old jennair to provide the make up air. When you do find a good heating contractor, he should be able to look at it for you. It may not even be necessary in your home depending on the size of the range hood.

The ductwork in your home definately should be evaluated and balanced. Check on sites like "Angie's List" for your area. Do your homework and you should be able to find a reputable HVAC contractor.

Here is a link that might be useful: heatandcooldiy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here