Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bashin_gw

Lennox Heat Pump

bashin
13 years ago

I am about to do a conversion from oil to a heat pump and could really use the expertise of this forum. What is the opinion of everyone for the following Lennox install.

Thanks!

17 SEER Heat Pump System

Lennox Signature series 17.0 SEER R-410, 4.0-ton, single-stage H/P condenser unit. (Model #XP17-048-230) (71W10)

Lennox Signature series, variable speed, R-410 Air Handler.

(Model #CBX40UHV-048-230) (34W81)

Lennox 15kw electric heat package.

(Model #ECB40-15CBP) (34W95)

Lennox I-Comfort touch screen programmable thermostat.

Total (after rebates/discounts) $5,800.00

Comments (11)

• neohioheatpump
    13 years ago

some people don't like lennox here but they are a big time brand. Pricing seems to be appropriate. Pricing could be worse or better. Definitely makes sense to switch from oil to heatpump.
    What climate are you in? How much do yo pay for electricity per KW delivered?

• tigerdunes
    13 years ago

bashin

what is your location?

I am not a fan of Lennox HPs. However this mdl/air handler is their premium sgl stg HP, very quiet, and has good performance/eff numbers.

I would want a new and correctly sized refrigerant lineset.

If humidity is a problem in summer, then I would want a thermostat that has dehumidify on demand feature.

and finally, with such a large heat strip, I would want a staged model.

pricing is good. check for Lennox rebate for this system.

IMO
    Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lennox XP17 HP

• bashin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your comments thus far. I was not looking at Lennox until I met with this contractor who came highly recommended by family friends.

I live in Montgomery County, MD (right outside of DC).

The bid does include new and correctly sized refrigerant lineset.

There is significant humidity in the summer. Does the Lennox stat not include the dehumidify on demand feature?

I have also asked for a staged heat strip (a 5kw and a 10kw).

The pricing I listed already included a $1200 Lennox rebate. Can I squeeze any more out of the deal?

Thanks!
    Brian

• bashin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anyone with some last minute help to my above question? I am pulling the trigger this week!

THANKS!!!

• neohioheatpump
    13 years ago

I would pull the trigger. The xp-17 is a top-end unit and efficient. The price seems fair enough considering your area and the size of unit.
    What was the size of the old unit? Are you replacing with the same size? Oversizing is bad. Correct sizing is important. Long run times are more efficient, better for equipment and provide good comfort.

• tigerdunes
    13 years ago

bashin

refer to my previous post.

I assume you are sized correctly.

you want a new and correctly sized refrigerant lineset.

you want a staged backup heat strip.

you want a thermostat that has "dehumidify on demand" feature.

ductwork system including adequate returns needs to be inspected. any hot/cold spots in home should be pointed out and dealer needs to recommend steps to improve.

IMO
    Good Luck!

• bashin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I am getting the staged backup heat strip and a new refrigerant lineset. As for the stat, does this Lennox I-Comfort have this dehumidfy function?

• tigerdunes
    13 years ago

bashin

ask dealer about thermostat and if it has "DOD" feature. Also you want the matching outdoor sensor for this stat.

what are you doing about a whole house air filter cabinet?

IMO

Here is a link that might be useful: Lennox I-Comfort Thermostat

• bashin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am not sure what you mean by the whole house air filter cabinet? What do you suggest? I believe there is a matching outdoor sensor included.

• philip1965
    11 years ago

I am looking into the Lennox heat pump. I have heating oil now and through Costco got a quote from FH FURR for $ 4600 for the heat pump. Replacing the coil in my existing air handler and that's it. This is for the 13 seer unit. 4 ton You seemed to have gotten a price for a much higher seer and a matching air handler for only $5800.00. Could you share the name of the company and if you are happy with their installation? It seems the installation is extremely important in heat pumps. Anyone know anything about FH FURR?

• SaltiDawg
    11 years ago

philip1965,

You may be hard pressed to get an answer from bashin - you've resurrected a nearly two year old thread.

You may want to do some reading of other threads and start a new thread with the specifics.

Just thinkin'.