Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wwu123

Carrier Infinity Touch energy tracking inaccurate?

wwu123
10 years ago

I have a five-year old Carrier Infinity furnace 58MVC-080 with the Infinity thermostat, that I upgraded the thermostat in November to the new Infinity Touch touchscreen version. One of the features of the Touch thermostat over the old one is a energy tracking feature that calculates gas therms and electricity kwh used.

I've noticed over the course of this heating season that the energy tracking is completely inaccurate. For 2014 calendar year-to-date, it says I've used only 14 therms. According to my utility company and gas Smartmeter, it's been more like 80 therms since Jan 1. For electricity, I believe it's supposed to calculate the kwh used by the blower motor - it's shown a total of 0 kwh.

Has anyone else seen more accurate results? There is a service diagnostic screen that shows the total number of hours the furnace has run in high, med, low stage, A straightforward calculation of my 80K BTU furnace in each stage would produce more accurate estimates of therms than what the energy tracking screen shows?

Comment (1)