Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zepzo

UR thoughts on HP or Condensing for No VA

zepzo
12 years ago

Hi Folks - need to replace the HVAC for a townhouse in northern VA. ~ 2200 sf, end unit with outside wall getting the afternoon sun, and the temp difference on the 3rd floor being as much as 8 degrees higher than the second floor in late afternoon of summer months. Current system is a 2.5 ton York builders' special from 1996.

Been reading the forum and am wondering if I should look at a heat pump configuration or stick with an condensing unit outside. I am receiving bids that are only condensing units with Trane and Carrier. My current thinking is to go with a Carrier Comfort 24ACC6 model and a Carrier infinity gas 80 58CVA090 2 stg, variable speed furnace, a power humidifier, and a Honeywell 4" media filter.

- Should I look at a heat pump configuration? Expected cost difference? Pros vs a condensing unit?

- What thermostat should I use to take advantage of the furnace and humidifier capabilities?

- Footprint space outside is a consideration for the outside unit. Are the Carrier Performance Compact series units worth considering?

Appreciate your insights - even if it is to tell me I'm being dumb :-)

Zepzo

Comments (2)