sconway11324

Infinity Control Electrostatic Pressure and Usage of filter

sconway11324
11 years ago

I purchased a new system in 2009. details are:
24ANA136A310
CNPVP4217ATAABAA
Infinity Control SYSTXCUIDO1-B

Since then, my control tells me to replace my filter about every 3 months even though the filter indicates a 10% filter usage. I have been paying attention to this lately. Last time I made sure that I reset the filter indicator when I placed a new filter. At 20%, I got a remider to change filter. The HVAC tech came today to inspect my system and I told him to please check the control.

The tech indicated that I may need to add another return to the house (i already have 2 returns - one 20in and the other 12-in). He reinstalled the system on the controller but then the filter got reset to 0% even though it was 20%.

My questions are:
1) shouldn't the system identify when the filter needs replacing? and
2) At what percentage or electrostatic pressure should the filter be changed?
Many thanks!

Comments (5)

• sconway11324
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Also, my other unit seems to be a bit low on R22. He indicated that it is borderline so 1lb would be needed (actually, it could be less than 1 lb but the sell at 1lb increment). He quoted $190 (no labor since this is part of my maintenance). I know r22 is being faced off but doesn't this quote seem too high for 1 lb?

• mike_home
    11 years ago

Do you have a furnace or air handler in your system?

What is the static pressure reading on high stage when the filter is new? What filter are you using? Is it a one inch or 4 inch and what is the MERV rating?

I have the same controller and a similar AC and coil on my furnaces. The change filter indicator appears too early in my opinion. I dismiss the warning and do a visual check on the filter itself. The four inch filters are $33 so I try to get the maximum life out of them.

The system does a filter check everyday at 1pm. It is supposed to set a reminder for a filter change when there is a change in static pressure. I have not been able to determine how much of a increase in static pressure will indicate a change filter reminder.

• mike_home
    11 years ago

Do you have a

This post was edited by mike_home on Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 7:50

• sconway11324
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi mike,
    Sorry. I had a death in the family and totally forgot about my ac problems.
    I still have a problem. My system never registers filter use past 10%. I have been changing it every 6-9 months. I use a 4 in filter that should last close to 9-12 months. I have a 3T furnace in my attic.
    My ac indicates coil temp 65, static pressure 0 lvoltgae 236v

Also I just notice that it says I had 33-limit fault 2 events. Don't know what this means. It states 2/6/2010 12:16am..

Also, on system maintenance, it indicates owner maintenance every 6 months and %used 26%. Shouldn't this be close to 75%? I certainly don't want a reminder at 26% use - even though it never gets above 10%.

When the technician came, he reset it...went to 10%, then 20% and now almost 2 months later the usage is 10%.

My system is 4 years old so I'm still under warranty. They are coming today to discuss adding a new return on the hallway about 15 ft away from the other 20x20 return. Would this make any difference?

• mike_home
    10 years ago

No need to apologize. Family has highest priority.

"My ac indicates coil temp 65, static pressure 0 lvoltgae 236v"

What is the static pressure reading?

The 33-limit fault code means the limit switch is going off. This means the furnace is running too hot. The dealer needs to investigate the cause.

Which furnace do you have and what is the size? Your return may be too small. Some of these problems could be associated with the filter usage indicator. In my opinion you should examine your filter to decide when to change it. The indicator is not reliable.