Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new Trane xr15 bad loud noisey needs repair

Posted by JT12345 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 12, 11 at 12:56

My Trane XR15 makes a weird metallic sound from the compressor. The XR13 and XR14s that my neighbors have don't. Sansone the installer does not return my calls and neither does Trane. It is outside my son's room and he does not like sleeping there. It is a high pitch annoying sound coming from the new unit. It is not the loudness. It is the type and frequency of the sound that is unacceptable.
Stay away from Trane. Stay away from Sansone. Had another tech look at it and says the compressor should be replaced or at least vaccummed and recharged.

No return calls from Trane or Sansone yet. It has been over a month now and i might have to take them to court. They suck. If i do I will post it on youtube. There is a youtube video of the xr15 with this sound and they think it is fine while their other units r a low hum.

My new XR15 sounds like a worn out 12 year old unit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new Trane xr15 bad loud noisey needs repair

when you touch the unit does the sound go away? Sometimes a loose screw on an outside guard might create a vigration and make noise. I had a small but significant noise on my new unit. When I touched a certain area the noise went away. I then tightened the screws in that area some and never had a problem again.

o
RE: new Trane xr15 bad loud noisey needs repair

It is from the compressor. The installed tech and another companies tech said the same thing. Case and fan r fine. What is heatload?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here