Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkevin5

Lennox Quote

kkevin5
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am replacing a 20 year old york split 5 ton system in Arizona. Its still running but eats up power and don't want to chance another summer on it, especially with having an infant now. The home is 2500 sq ft 2 story.

We had our first quote this weekend and was a bit shocked on the pricing. I know it was not going to be cheap, but thought it would be under 12 g's. We are planning on having at least 2 more quotes this week.

The first company that came seemed to do a good job with making sure he knew enough about the home. He took measurements of the entire home, and checked how sealed up the house is. He covered the front door with a device that had a fan. He mentioned the the home is very tight and if we had any breathing issues to install a device to bring in outside air. He also mentioned the existing York 5-Ton system is probably undersized based on the air handler.

Here is what he quoted:

Outdoor - Lennox XC21-060 - 16 seer 5-Ton
Indoor - Lennox SL280
Thermostat - Lennox iComfort WiFi
Easy access filter cabinet

Replace existing 50 gallon water heater and seal around intake cavity.

After rebates and taxes: $15,400. This seems a bit high to me, anyone have thoughts if this is even in the ballpark of what this should cost?

I have two more companies coming this week. I will update when I get those.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!