Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portable Air Conditioners

Posted by rcogan010 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 11:21

I ran across some great content on a website at http://www.homeappliancecenter.com/category_name_Portable-Air-Conditioners_path_153-8007.html and wanted to share it with everyone. The content covers and discusses installation of portable air conditioners as well as the benefits of having a portable ac. While I have not purchased from this site, it does provide some good information regarding the air conditioners. Good resource.

Here is a link that might be useful: Portable Air Conditioners

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portable Air Conditioners

If this is a good example of what is available at that site, I am not impressed. Beyond lower price, I don't see any advantages to single-hose models unless there are toxic fumes to exhaust. They are very inefficient, yet the site offers this:

*There are pro's and con's to each the single and dual hose applications. If you are uncertain about which unit to purchase, remember that some of the dual hose systems can be modified very easily to become single hose portable air conditioners.*

o
RE: Portable Air Conditioners

I have a single hose unit that is supposed to vent the air outside but there is no way to seal it so it doesn't come right back in without extending the slinky pipe. The only thing that really helps is using flex duct to get the outlet way away from the window or wherever you are at. I sometimes sit in front of mine when tinkering with a project in the garage in August or when watching the grill/smoker. It has a moving vent louver that if two people sit in front of it on the deck conversing with ice cold refreshments it just don't get much better.

I have to say if your not sitting really close to the air flow it isn't much to scream about. With two air hoses it would be a lot better unit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here