Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with HVAC quote

Posted by austintxac (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 10:54

Looks like I'm not going to be getting the heat strips in the attic for the Heat Pump so I'm going with a furnance. Do to the fact that I would need to upgrade my breaker box. So the plan is to replace the 13 year old A/C with a Heat Pump and have a 80% furnance installed in the attic with a fresh air intake and exhaust pipe. The house was built in 2000 and is 1300 square feet and is in Austin Tx. 100+ summers with a couple of days a year at 32 degrees. So I need more cooling then heating.

Does anyone know anything about this equipment and if the price looks right. Is model FA3648, the fresh air and exhaust pipe, I can’t find anything about it on the net. I need the exhaust pushed out, because I’m having the attic spray foamed after the heat pump and everything is installed. So I need that taken care of, the installer also said that he would be installing a carbon monoxide detector. However I don’t see that on the big I posted below.

Model: FA3648, FAN INDUCED FRESH AIR 36-48 (4 FAN ASSEMBLY) Knockouts
std,FHP Air
Model: N8MSN0451408A, 80%, 45K, sgl-stg, MP, 2t clg
Model: EDM4X24BA, Cased, 2t, MP
Model: NXH524GKA, COND-HP 15S, 2t R410A GRD, 15 SEER ENTRY HP-R410A
Model: P4741035, Digital, 5/2 Prog, 1H/1C (Sgl stage HP compatible), no auxil heat cont
Total price with install is $5916.94
Thank you very must for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with HVAC quote

What brand?

Heil? ICP?

Post back...

IMO

o

Sorry about that, it's Kenmore products.So it's ICP. Do you need any other information? Thank you.

o

Ran the numbers in google and all I could find is that the coil and furnace are 13 seer max. Why need a 15 seer HP? Also you need a stat or fossil fuel kit to switch over on demand. Looks mismatched to me, with the limited info I could find.

o

Best I can tell this is ICP Comfortmaker equipment that I suspect is builder grade entry level, even the condenser.

The furnace is most likely a close out discontinued model.

As previous post states , not likely to be an AHRI matching system.

Very shaky...

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here