Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New heat pump / air handler quote

Posted by bluejay_2010 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 10 at 9:48

Replacing a 10 year old unit in my house and I know nothing about heat pumps, air handlers, etc.
Received following quote for complete install and need to know if it seems reasonable and is correct configuration

Bryant 286BNA024 Heat Pump
Evolution Digital Control
Variable Speed Fan FE4ANF002
Strip Heater KFCEH0901N10

Price - $6300 (includes Bryant rebate)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New heat pump / air handler quote

bluejay

a very nice system. price is before the fed govt tax credit? kind of expensive just for a two ton system.

3748497 Active Systems PREFERRED 16 PURON HP BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS 286BNA024****A FE4ANF002+UI 23800 12.70 16.50 27000 9.20 16400

if you would like a suggestion on a less expensive Bryant, I will be glad to make a recommendation.

IMO

o

Yes, price is before fed gov tax credit.
What would be fair price for this two ton system? Being a newbie leaves me in the dark when it comes to prices!

Any suggestions for less expensive Bryant or Carrier systems would be appreciated.

o

bluejay

here is a Bryant sgl stg heat pump system. mdl numbers are important. pay close attention if you ask dealer to provide a quote.

3406028 Active Systems PREFERRED 15 PURON HP BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS 265ANH024-B FV4CN(B,F)003 23600 13.00 15.50 24000 9.10 15200

this is a vs air handler. substitute the Bryant Edge thermidistat for the Evolution controller. keep the staged 9KW heat strip.

this system will save you some change.

IMO

o

The price for a 286B 2 ton system seems fair because it the top of the Bryant line (Evolution), it also depends on the little things they have to do of the install.

You may ask them for a quote on a non communicating system which has the same 2 speed compressor
226A
FV4C-2 - variable speed air handler
Thermidistat
and ask them about a compressor sound blanket. That system doesn't come with one and is a decent add on.

It has a small rebate on it also and will qualify for the tax credit.

Right now with the rebate, makes the Evolution a good time to buy by bring the price down a few hundred about the non communicating 226A if that's what you want.

o

for classic dave

isn't the 286B actually the Preferred 16 rebadged and named for the original Evolution 16 that has been discontinued?

being only a two ton system,I will assume OP has a small home. It would seem that a good qualifying sgl stg HP system with std VS air handler and thermidistat might be a better value. Homeowner will have to evaluate the cost difference vs marginal improvement if any in comfort and operating cost.

BTW,ClassicDave, how much is a sound blanket?

IMO

o

Bryant is same as Carrier. It's made by Carrier.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here