Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trane cased A coil vs cased horizontal flat coil

Posted by barbja (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 9:08

This is a Q that I posted in a long thread:

A 4TXCD063BC3 coil was recommended for my system by members of this board. This unit is about 24x24 and it won't fit through my attic access door.

My contracor said that he would need to cut a bigger hole (and mess up my stairs) or, instead of the cased A coil, use a cased horizontal flat coil: 4TXFH063CZ3

I can find almost no information about the flat coils, much less the diff between the regular and flat coils. Is there some reason why I wouldn't want to use the flat coil? The SEER/EER numbers are the same for the systems using each coil.

The rest of the system will be a Trane xr15 or xb14 and an xv80. I live in Texas. Besides cooling down from 107, a primary goal of the system is dehumification (without buying a separate dehumidifier).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane cased A coil vs cased horizontal flat coil

Keep all your posts in same thread. That is good forum etiquette and makes it easier for forum members to follow and offer advice.

I will answer later this weekend in your original post as time is available.

TD

o
RE: Trane cased A coil vs cased horizontal flat coil

Sorry tigerdunes. I thought that this question could stand alone -- I was originally going to make a different thread, then didn't.

I spent hours last night and this morning researching everything that I have available to me and only finding I think one forum thread that matches the model number, two documents that show how to decode the model numbers of the coils, and system configs in the AHRI database. It was maddening!

I decided this morning to create a new thread that could perhaps help poor souls like me that may be googling for this same information in the future. Having the right document title is sometimes key.

It has to be something like they're going to put gremlins in my system to blow cold air and they don't say it anywhere because people think they are imaginary and wouldn't pay for it. Or the warnings about keeping water off them would decrease sales.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here