Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdez1

Need insulation advice

jdez
10 years ago

We are building a house in Southwest Louisiana, about an hour from the Coast. DH and I are about to put in the insulation ourselves. We are planning on doing the exterior walls this weekend. We have read pamphlets from the LSU Ag Center, watched You Tube videos, watched videos from JM brand and the Pink brand but we are still confused on some things and possibly over thinking it. Most of what we have read tells us not to use a vapor retarder in a hot/humid climate (which I am pretty sure we are in). Other stuff says to use kraft paper faced insulation or vapor retarder in bathrooms, kitchen and laundry area because of the heat. Could this have been meant for another climate area? So, where should we use vapor retarder or should we not use it at all? If we use the paper faced insulation, does the paper face the inside of the house? I don't know what kind of info you might need but we are planning on using a combinations of batts and rolls of fiberglass insulation. We have 9 ft walls throughout and the house has a house wrap all the way around it. All of the holes made by the electricians and plumbers have been caulked or spray foamed. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths