Bryant quoted was
Evolution Plus 95s furnace 95% 80,000 btu
Evolution AC 187B and Coil 16.5 SEER 4Ton
Evolution thermostat

Trane quoted was
Trane XV95 furnace 95% 80,000 btu
16xli AC unit 3 Ton
Honeywell Vision 8000 thermostat

Prices are close enough I would go with either based on price. Right now I'm leaning toward the Bryant. Sounds like there control system is very good- One of the best according to most websites. My old goodman Furnace is 90% and the goodman AC unit was a 10 seer 3 ton AC unit but it really would not cool the house well in the late afternoon. 3:30 to 6:30. My house is in the sun all day.

Can anyone give me feedback on either system?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane XV95 vs Bryant Evolution- New Jersey

I personally installed many of the Bryant systems hear in new jersey .Great systems! cant say much about the trane
Thr Bryant models work well together.

o

eaglez
Both are nice systems.

However, the three stage Bryant furnace with matching Evolution control has the decided edge. Post mdl number of furnace and matching Bryant evap coil.

Your comment on cooling issue warrants a look by quoting dealer. What size 187B AC condenser is dealer quoting? I would want a thorough inspection of your ductwork system. Perhaps there is an opportunity for insulation improvement. You might consider a load calculation to verify correct sizing. What size furnace are you replacing?

I would recommend a pleated box filter cabinet and a new and correctly sized refrigerant lineset.

IMO
Good Luck!

o

they listed 355C 3 stage 95% evolution 80,000 btu
16.5 seer model 187 4 ton puron ac unit
Bryant N coil
7/8" x 30' line set
Evolution T-Stat

My house is exposed on all sides so it is in the sun all day. Cape cod style home. Most companies that came in said my ductwork looked like it was installed correctly/nicely

Thanks for your input

o

eagle

so you are moving up in size of AC from a three ton to a four ton condenser? post mdl/size of evap coil. dealer needs to make certain ductwork both supply and return can handle the extra CFMs.

I do recommend a pleated filter media cabinet.

IMO

o

Yes, I was going to go with the pleated media cabinet option. How do you determine if your existing ductwork can handle the CFM? What is the mdl/size?

Thanks again for the input

o

You have to measure the duct work to determine if it can handle the air flow. It is the contractor's job to do this and perform a load calculation. If he does not, then he is guessing.

How many square feet is your house? Where in NJ are you located?

o

It's 1650 square feet.... cape cod style house. South jersey. I was asking for my own knowledge not to mention to see what they tell me.

o

I think you need to insist on a heat calc.

Unless your house is made of tissue paper, the sizes proposed seem excessive.

I'm in Camden Cnty, with a 2500 SF home. It's 22 years old and has great windows and good insulation. By heat calc, it requires 60,000 BTU and 3.5 T.

What are your current furnace and a/c (sizes)?

V

o

A professionally performed load calculation for both heating and cooling is indicated at your design temps both outside and inside. I wouldn�t make a move until this was performed by Bryant dealer. Get it in writing!

IMO

o

He's coming out to do a heat load calc this week. He said the quote was for a 3 TON AC condensing unit and a 4 Ton Coil

o

He did the load calc and said it was a hair over 3 Ton. So I guess at this point the 3 ton is the best fit. Hopefully the new Bryant system performs a better than my 10 year old goodman did.

o

eagle

what was the load calc in heating? do you really need the 80K model or perhaps the 60K would be fine?

IMO

o

How about sensible/latent heat breakdown? Can you tell us the town? If not, the county?

V

o

You better discuss your current duct work size and make sure it can move the required air flow within the house.
If it does not moveit properly The unit could go into a lock out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here