Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apewrangler

Low Air Flow from vents

apewrangler
12 years ago

My house is only a year and half old. I have two separate heat pump units, including a 3 ton unit that runs the master suite and most of the daily living area and a 2 ton unit that runs the spare bedroom area. Back last summer, I put a programmable stat on the 3 ton unit to save some energy. It performed very well here in the deep south with sweltering summers. Winter rolled around, and it took me a while to get the stat set up properly for heat, but eventually got it working. We have had a very mild winter, and haven't really needed the heat too much, but I noticed it seemed it had to be on a lot to keep up. The last couple days, it's been warm enough to fire up the AC. It ran all night and really didn't cool at all. I did some investigating today, and I noticed that the air feel cool, but the volume is maybe 25% of what it's been previously. I even hooked up the original stat, but got the same result. I'm really confused and frustrated. Everything seems to be running like it should, but the air flow isn't there. I also change the filters regular. Meanwhile, the other unit is cooling like a charm. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022