Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing ac heat pump

Posted by aggie0608 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 15:20

I live in Southeast Texas and need to replace my 5 ton heat pump. I have quotes on a Lennox, Bryant, and American Standard. The prices are comparable. The units I have been quoted seem to be the upper units of the lower series of all three brands. Price of the upper series are out of the question. There seems to be a significant jump in the prices to move up to the middle series. It seems that if I have a p&l warranty, the difference would be the efficiency. My question, is the additional cost worth the savings by moving to the lower or middle end of the mid range units? Will the additional cost be recouped in the 10 to 15 years? Also, is my assumption about life or maintenance of the unit with having a p&l warranty correct.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing ac heat pump

Have to know the model numbers of the equipment in question. Some of the more expensive equipment may give you greater comfort by improving humidity removal. That will also keep your home healthier (both the structure and you) by keeping the humidity in a better range.

o
RE: Replacing ac heat pump

I am leaning toward a Lennox 14 HPX-060 with a CBX32M or CBX 27M air handler.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here