Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Temperature Rise Method For Heat Pump

Posted by tact (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 13:32

"Temperature Rise Resistive Heat Method. Although this method is not as accurate as the use of test equipment, a method of determining the indoor airflow in a system employing electric resistance heat as the backup heat source is by the Temperature Rise Method and is calculated using the following formula: using the following formula:

CFM = KW(Volts X Amps) X 3.413 divided by (Temp rise X 1.08)

WHERE:
KW= The indoor section's measured input power = Volts x Amps
Volts = The measured Volts at the Indoor Section
Amps = The measured Amps at the Indoor Section
Temperature Rise = The temperature of the supply air - the
temperature of the return air
3413 = BTU per KW
1.08 = Specific Heat Air Constant"

I am trying to determine temperature rise of my Heat Pump.I have a clamp on type multimeter. How do I go about where do I measure Volts at the Indoor Section? In addition, how and where to measure Amps at the Indoor Section?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Temperature Rise Method For Heat Pump

If you knew the kw's of heat strip package, you wouldn't have to measure anything. I have a 15 kw heat strip kit in my air handler.

When measuring the temperature rise after the strips, make sure that the air is mixed well (after a 90 turn in the ductwork) or you will get high temp readings.

Good luck.

o
RE: Temperature Rise Method For Heat Pump

Thanks for the info
Where do I find this formula
Is it in ACCA Manual D

Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here