Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

They won't sell me a flame rollout switch

californian
13 years ago

I have a Carrier gas furnace and it stopped working with a fault code 33. I jumpered out the flame rollout switch and then it works. The part number is HH12ZB200, and I called several distributors and the part costs $9.90, but they won't sell it to me because I am not a licensed contractor.

Anyone know any company that would sell it, or do I have to pay a licensed contract over a hundred dollars to come out and sell me the part? I know the switch is bad because I removed it and it reads open with an ohmmeter. BTW, what is that little thing in series with the wire that looks like a resistor? I don't see it on the schematic.

BTW, when I installed the furnace 15 years ago they wouldn't sell it to me either, but I paid a licensed contractor $50 to call in the order and wore a sweat shirt that some air conditioning companies name on it to go pick it up at will call myself. So I got the furnace for $470, a small fraction of what a contractor would have charged me. I also got the duct parts at about one third the price a licensed contractor would sell them to me for.

BTW, this is the first problem I had with the furnace in 15 years except for when a bug made a cocoon inside one of the air tubes, blocking it.

Comments (9)