Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bedroom too hot

Posted by jon61 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 11:14

I have a small back bedroom in my house that gets way to hot if the heat is on in the house for any length of time. The heat unit in the house is located in a closet in the bathroom right next to this bedroom. The unit is actually on the other side of one of the bedroom walls. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. The bedroom only has one outside wall.
Any idea on the cause and or what we can do to help the problem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bedroom too hot

Do you have forced-air heat? Do you have air conditioning? If yes to the latter, how is the temp when cooling? Is the wall next to the "unit" warm?

o
RE: Bedroom too hot

"I have a small back bedroom in my house that gets way to hot if the heat is on in the house for any length of time. The heat unit in the house is located in a closet in the bathroom right next to this bedroom. The unit is actually on the other side of one of the bedroom walls. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. "

so in the heating season, the room next to the heating closet gets warmer than the rest of the house...
yes it does have something to do with it.
this is the shortest run of the ductwork from the supply
plenum. I would guess that there are not adjustable dampers
on the ducts, or if there are dampers that they are not adjusted to reduce the air flow into this room.
so first determine if the ducts have dampers at the plenum.
it may be as simple a soulution as adding or adjusting a
damper for this room.
of course it could be more, but this is where I'd start.
btw shutting off air flow at the supply grill is not a solution, reducing air flow from plenum into duct will
divert some of the air flow into the other ducts.

best of luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here