Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ruud Ultra 2 stage 5 ton 15.5 seer

Posted by stanv1 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 10:38

Trane is dying, but I don't want to spend the dollars to replace it.....the Ruud install is by a referred pro and this is all he installs. If there is a negative (other than not being Trane) I haven't heard or read about it....anyone have something I need to know about Ruud?

Houston, single story, 2900 sq ft...a complete removal and exchange of furnace and A/C.

Ruud....$6800

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ruud Ultra 2 stage 5 ton 15.5 seer

Would like to see all model numbers of system if you expect an informed comment.

Depending on models of system quoted, Rudd and sister company Rheem make solid residential HVAC not always cutting edge with highest efficiencies and bells and whistles.

IMO

o

I've owned both Trane and Rheem (Ruud). Both are good brands. I have 2 RASL (UASL) condensers in my house today and they do an excellent job cooling and dehumidifying. You need a modulating or 2 stage furnace/air handler, though, and be sure not to over-size the condenser.

o

UARL-061JEC Condenser with RGPE-10EBRMR furnace, and RCFN-HM6024CC evaporator.

These are the specs for the Ruud, better?

16 SEER

This post was edited by stanv1 on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 9:24

o

5438445 Active Systems RUUD RUUD UARL SERIES RHEEM SALES COMPANY, INC. UARL-061JEC RCFN-H*6024 1625 1225 RGPE-10?BRM? 58000 12.50 16.00 1 RCU-A-CB 439

Looks like an AHRI match...good numbers.

Pricing looks very reasonable. Will require a two stage thermostat for best operation. You have a filter cabinet? New lineset included?

This is a communicating system and should include the matching communicating control. See below.

Serial Communication Enhanced
When installed with a Serial Communicating Condensing Unit & user interface control (RHCTST550CMMS) 500 Series thermostat this unit offers 4 or 2 wire installation, auto-configuration, & diagnostic messaging with full communicating capability.

IMO

This post was edited by tigerdunes on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 10:34

o

Awesome. I'm fighting some virus so I'm a little slow, but I recognize the need for more details. The installer comes very highly recommended. Good man.

thank you tigerdunes

This post was edited by stanv1 on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 16:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here