Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
central heat noise

Posted by Rozia1950 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 8:22

after the heater runs about a minute and half there is a clunk . It happens about 3 times . what could that be

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: central heat noise

after the furnbace runs it goes clunk , then about a min and half later it goes clunk again . this happens about three times . what is the clunk? thansk

o

Is this a gas furnace? Can you see the flame turning on and then going out?

o

I have a similar issue with my natural gas furnace. It is a 8 month old new build house with Rheem Classic Series: Up to 95% AFUE Single-Stage PSC Motor gas furnace. After is cycles and turns off there is a loud bang anywhere from 30 seconds to 4 minutes afterwards. There is also a consistant clicking noise that is most pronounced at end of the duct about a 20 foot straight run from the furnace. It can be heard in the family room and a second floor bedroom vents. The HVAC installers came determined that it was "oilcanning". He cut two square holes and repaired the holes but the noise continues.

Any advice on how I can stop the noise? Can and should the HVAC company be held accountable. I do not want to get the "you just have to deal" attitude since it is a new build.

TIA...Ann Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here